Given the sensitive nature of working from live, nude models, students will be expected to conduct themselves in a mature, professional, courteous, and respectful manner at all times. The instructor, the model, and all students have the right to a safe, productive and friendly environment.
- Cell phones are prohibited during class time.
- Students will be expected to remain silent and considerate when the model is posing. Please focus on the task at hand and refrain from side-conversations.
- It is expected that while the model is undraped, everyone is actively drawing.
- Students will not be allowed to utilize cameras, cell phones, or other technical devices while the model is posing.
- Do not approach the model stand or leave your belongings there. That area is strictly the model’s territory. Likewise the space where the model will change and leave their street clothes is off-limits.
- Models are to be treated with the utmost respect and consideration at all times.
- After breaks, if/when the pose shifts, call out any changes to the instructor. Do not overwhelm the model with instructions. Go through the instructor. Likewise–never touch the model.
- If a student is uncomfortable with drawing from the life model for any reason, they must inform the instructor at least one class session in advance so the instructor can create an alternate assignment.