In Drawing Essentials by Deborah Rockman, read the section on working with oil pastels (~pages 247-255), and answer the following questions on Canvas using complete sentences.
- What did you learn about lightfastness in this reading?
- When would you wear gloves when working with oil pastels?
- Why would you use a solvent with oil pastels? Why might you use a surface with a stronger tooth?
- What are 2 reasons you might use oil pastels? What are 2 disadvantages of using oil pastels?
- What is one problem with working on raw paper with oil pastels?
- Describe the basic working procedure for oil pastels based on the reading. Why would you want to work hard to soft, or lean to fat?
- How should you treat areas of shadow? How should you treat areas that are well lit?