WHAT ARE WE DOING?
We will be putting up an exhibition of our work.
Install: _____, during class
De-Install: ______, during class
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
After you leave college, you will often have to organize and execute exhibitions on your own. This project is excellent practice for the future.
10 points for successfully completing your committee work (evidence of collaboration and contribution to assigned tasks)
HOW WILL WE EXECUTE THIS PROJECT?
Everyone will serve on a committee:
- Promotions Committee
- Hanging Committee
- collects all the info for the tags for the pieces in the show [includes the artist’s name, title, date, media]
- prints out all the tags on transparent stickers for the pieces in the show
- puts up the tags next to the works in a uniform fashion
- hangs all the work [involves measuring the height and spacing of the works; leveling the work]
- lights all the work
- Assembles the exhibition binder (contains a resume and artist statement from each artist)
- Reception Committee
- arranges all food/drink (have people sign up) and sets-up/takes-down the refreshments table at the event
- plans music and how to play music
- arranges for someone to document the event via photography/video
- make sure everything from the reception is cleaned up and taken care of after the reception is over
- De-installation Committee
- removes all artwork from the space
- patches nail holes
- paints over patches
- sweeps/vacuums the space
- do anything else necessary to return the space to its original state or better than you found it
TITLE Results of our in-class discussion: